a little bit of everything

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -- Plato

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Detroit Tigers World Series Bound


Exactly 22 years after winning the World Series in 1984 the Detroit Tigers sweep the Oakland A's and win the American League Pennant. The Tigers have not been to the World Series since winning it in 1984 and just three years ago set an American League record for most losses in a season (119). Talk about a turn around. This is a great baseball team with a lot of great players and a wonderful manager in Jim Leyland. But they also have a little something extra working for them, my Grandma Sally. My Grandmother was a die-hard Tiger fan, she could rattle off rosters and stats like a sportscaster, she even worked at Tiger Stadium when she was younger. My Grandmother passed away earlier this year after a long and heartbreaking battle with Alzheimer's. I am not the most religious person, but I can't help but wonder if she is up in heaven leading this team to victory. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but whatever it is it's bringing a whole lot of joy and solace to me and my family. Keep up the good work Tigers. Win it; for yourselves, for the city of Detroit, and for my Grandma Sally!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home