a little bit of everything

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -- Plato

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Coffee

Who could've ever imagined that we'd be paying as much as $6.00 (depending on size, flavors, strength) for a cup of caffeine? As ridiculous as this sounds I'm sure most of us are guilty of paying a bit more than the $1.50 the gas station charges for a cup of coffee. I'm not ashamed to admit that I probably pay too much for this legal drug. Not only am I a user I'm a part-time dealer, or barista if you want to get technical. I know that everybody has their own personal favorite drink that you just can't live without, but have you ever stopped to think about how absurd it all is? The silly drink names (fa la la la latte), the wacky sizes (small=tall), the endless modifications (half-caf, skinny, bone dry). Does anybody really understand what they're ordering? But you know what, I don't care, absurd or not give me my double-tall, nonfat, extra caramel, extra foamy, Caramel Macchiato. And go ahead and charge me $3.46 for it!

For those of you who don't take yourselves or your coffee too seriously here's a couple entertaining animated videos:

Small, Medium, Large

Coffee-House Propaganda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home