a little bit of everything

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -- Plato

Monday, September 12, 2005

Keep Honking, I'm Reloading

No, I have not decided to join the NRA, this lovely statement graced a bumper sticker on a vehicle in front of me this morning. What a nice cheerful thought to greet me on a Monday morning. This is precisely why I cannot give any intellectual credit to most anti-gun control supporters. Stunts like this do nothing to help your case, it actually adds fuel to the gun control fire. Whoever thought this bumper sticker was funny enough to print, sell, and purchase may want to pay a little more attention to the news. In a day and age when drive by's and road rage attacks are common happenings this is not funny, it's distasteful, crude, and just plain stupid. What is funny about insinuating that not only do you have a gun in your car, but you may use it if another driver pisses you off? For those people who claim to oppose gun control because they're sport shooters or hunters you should be disgusted by this too, because again, it's damaging your argument. However, to be honest I really don't understand the "I'm against gun control because I'm a hunter argument." Okay so you like to hunt, I'm no hunting expert but I believe rifles are the hunting weapon of choice, not modified machine guns. I'm not trying to keep people from being able to hunt, I'm trying to keep guns out of the hands of people with bumper stickers that read, "Keep honking, I'm reloading."

As a side note, surprisingly enough this bumper sticker was not on the back of a pick-up truck, but on a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Who new yuppies had such awful senses of humor.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What's even more scary is the increase in gun sales in Mississippi and Louisana in the days after Katrina.

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No one I mean no one who is not a law enforcement agent should be allowed to carry a handgun.

    Well done blog!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home