a little bit of everything

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -- Plato

Friday, August 12, 2005

Sweet Neo Con

The Rolling Stones new album, "A Bigger Bang," will be released on September 6. I think it's pretty safe to say that the album won't be getting much fan fare from Bush and other conservatives. The song "Sweet Neo Con" pulls no punches when it comes to the right-leaners of America.

You call yourself a Christian, I call you a hypocrite
You call yourself a Patriot, well I think you're full of...


I still haven't figured out what they're full of but I know it's not good.

It's liberty for all, democracy's our style
Unless you disagree with us, then it's prison without trial


The Stones may be getting old but they're still holding onto their rebellious rocker style. I for one am eagerly awaiting the album's release.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They better watch it. The Bush-meister might deny them entry into the US for their tour.

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i havent bought a new stones album in years now i definately have to get this. thnks noel

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My mom and aunts & uncles were a brother-sister singing group back in the 70's and early 80's and in 1972 they did a song called "Fool's Paradise." My uncle Leon got all sorts of crap from the Republicans because of the song's anti-establishment and anti-war lyrics.

    In the end the song had a nice groove, great harmonies, and went top 20.

    My uncle said "for me that was a big ol' F-U to the Nixon White House."

    Good for Mick and the gang for sending the Bush White House a much needed F-U.

    Can't wait to hear the song.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home