a little bit of everything

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -- Plato

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

What more?

As if the low pay, over-crowed classrooms, increase in school violence, lack of supplies, budget cuts, no child left behind, and lay-offs weren't bad enough now I have to worry about my retirement fund being available. I'm well aware my social security benefits will most likely be gone by the time I'm 65 but now I can't even count on my measly state retirement fund. There is currently a federal investigation of Illinois' Teachers' Retirement System looking into some shady investments it's made that total more than $1 billion. A big thanks to our trusty newswoman Carol Marin, and other Sun-Times staff writers, for investigating and keeping us informed.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:12 PM, Blogger Wayne said…

    At least you don't have a "GOV-A-NATOR" shredding your education system to pieces.

    Yet.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home